Enterprise Architect (Job Number: 322443)
The role of the Enterprise Architect (EA) is to work with the Director of Architecture to bridge the gap between business strategy and technology implementation. The EA is responsible for developing a set of architecture deliverables that ‘tells the story’ of IT change to support and align with the business strategy and achieve stated business objectives. This role will be executed in conjunction with an enterprise architecture team with support from IT and business domain experts.
The EA will report into the Architecture, Strategy, and Policy Director, and will be responsible for:
- Orchestrating the EA process – Manage the breadth and depth of the EA process to set goals and objectives, develop a plan, engage stakeholders, collaborate with subject matter experts, and develop IT strategies. Continually improve the EA process to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintaining the EA deliverables - Manage the output of the EA process and ensure that all architecture deliverables are focused on maximizing return on investment for the enterprise rather than on tactical needs. Ensure consistency between architecture deliverables. Periodically update architecture deliverables to ensure alignment with strategy changes
- Technology leadership – Identify new technology and technology trends. Evangelize best practices. Promote the development of EA and related skills.
- Developing key relationships – Maintain relationships strategic technology suppliers. Build relationships with relevant SAIC stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field coupled with 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology.
- At least 2 Enterprise level transformation projects including the development and implementation of an enterprise architecture.
- Candidate must have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Applying a standard EA methodology in the development and maintenance of a Target State Architecture.
- Strong communication skills.
- Architecting and implementing enterprise application solutions including ERP systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience creating Architectural models that support decision making
- Being a technical evangelist and change agent for a large organization
- Strong understanding of IT security concerns and solutions
- Industry experience in the Professional Services vertical market with Government Contractor.
- Java and Microsoft .Net development.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Microsoft application/tool deployment (e.g. SharePoint, Exchange, OCS, RMS, etc.).
- Infrastructure design and implementation.
- Background in, and working knowledge of, IT process and governance models (e.g. ITIL, COBiT, ISO 2700x), operational considerations (e.g. capacity and performance management) and foundational infrastructure components necessary to deliver IT services (e.g. network, storage).
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 13, 2013, 11:40:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...