Position: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Software Developer with a deep knowledge of systems software development, including familiarity with file systems design concepts such as file allocation strategies, designing for high performance, snapshots, symbolic links, auditing, replication, resiliency, data compression, and de-fragmentation. This person will be responsible for developing a new virtualization interface to Hitachi Data Systems' industry leading silicon-based file system.
- Using independent judgment and existing knowledge of complex business issues, plan, design, and implement new virtualization interfaces to our file system.
- Proactively work with other engineers to ensure consistent design and compatibility with existing interfaces.
- As a senior member of the team, provide technical leadership and mentoring/guidance to other engineers in the team.
- Assist your manager on technical and tactical execution such that results are delivered on time and on budget.
- Be a subject-matter-expert on Virtualization and storage centric features.
- Partner with QA to deliver a reliable, high performance set of features that enhance our existing portfolio.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on large scale, complex C/C++ projects.
- Excellent C++ skills, including:
- Object-Oriented (OO) design skills
- Knowledge and application of class hierarchy design and implementation
- Multi-threaded (concurrent) implementations
- Working knowledge of STL
- Programming with Templates
- Solid background in technologies such as:
- OS kernel internals (e.g. Linux)
- File systems design (e.g. Unix file systems)
- Kernel and Device Driver implementation
- Memory management
- Significant development experience in a Linux/Unix environment, including:
- Bash shell or Perl scripting
- Basic system administration skills
- Experience with VMware or other virtualization platforms is highly desired.
- Experience designing new APIs.
- Experience with network file sharing protocols such as NFS desired.
- Experience with Network Attached Storage Systems or with software development within a proprietary hardware environment will be an advantage.
- Self-motivator with the ability to work closely within a small team.
- Experience with Agile development practices a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The...