Under general supervision, patrols grounds and buildings to protect lives and property, prevent crimes and enforce laws, investigate crimes. Carries firearms and/or makes arrests and testifies in court. Makes police presentations to groups and organizations.
- Must possess current Ohio Police Officer Training Academy certificate OR successfully complete basic academy and obtain certification after the appointment.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Applicants must possess the basic skills of reading, writing and math competencies.
- All applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age at the time of appointment and successfully complete a written examination to be eligible for additional consideration.
- Applicants that do not possess Ohio Peace Officer Training certificate must also successfully complete physical fitness examination to be eligible for additional consideration.
- Finalists must undergo a psychological assessment, a truth verification interview and a comprehensive background investigation.
- Successful applicants must meet Occupational Health Medical standards for the position and classification.
- All offers must be accepted/declined by the end of the next business day following the offer.
- Candidates may contact management during the posting period to tour the work area and ask questions regarding the expectations of the position.
Ohio University - 17 months ago