Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Provides excellent support to the medical providers within the ministry. The position must be expected to provide excellent patient care within all medical standards and provide evidence annually of continued medical education. Must maintain current licensure/certificate.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs selected nursing and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients for physical exams and treatment.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as ordered by a provider.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s conditions.
- Triages incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Responsible for maintaining treatment area.
- Attends required meetings.
- Participates in professional development as required.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of the EMR.
- Responsible for continuing education within scope of training.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an approved school for Medical Assistants.
- Continuing Education is pertinent.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during emotionally stressful situations.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be proficient in administering injections, treatments, preparing patients for examination and the use of medical equipment appropriate for the practice of medicine
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently to include the electronic medical record software.
- Current Certificate for Medical Assistants
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers offered by the American Heart Association or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer offered by the Red Cross within 30 days post date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer. We support diversity in the workplace.
- Requires full range of body motions including handling and lifting patients.
- Must have good manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Via Christi Health System
- 2 years ago - save job