PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensure flawless material availability and level loaded production schedules required to achieve our quality, delivery, cost, and inventory business targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels for all parts to ensure flawless material availability required to support 100% OTD while delivering inventory reduction targets
- Maintain an inventory budget checkbook to ensure that materials requisitioned and received are within the allowed budget allocated.
- Monitor materials receipts to ensure that materials are received on-time (not early/late) and in the requested quantity. Drive resolution with suppliers when deviations happen.
- Monitor the ERP system to analyze consumption trends, plan purchase-to-order, and long-lead items, and resize kanban to ensure accurate and timely materials requirements adjustments as needed to support future demand and inventory targets
- Conduct frequent kanban re-sizing reviews to ensure that kanban is properly sized for the expected changes in demand and supplier parameters (i.e. supplier lead-time, minimum order quantity, package multipliers, delivery performance, etc)
- Maintain Daily Kanban Board audits for each of their assigned cells and ensure that all action items are assigned and implemented.
- Perform periodic audits of the kanban system to ensure that the system is being used and maintained properly
- Monitor daily new orders received and open-order reports to ensure that the current materials and production plan are valid. Supports the Order Entry team with contract review procedures to evaluate feasibility of short cycled orders (less than lead-time)
- Create the plan to translate customer requirements into planned level loaded daily/hourly production schedules
- Initiate and release the proper documentation (i.e. production work-orders, purchase requisitions, production kanban releases, etc.) in a timely manner to ensure adherence to production requirements and timely purchase-to-receipt cycle time
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure timely receipt of materials (releases, expedites, push-outs, pull-ins, etc.)
- Ensures timely dock-to-stock material flow
- Handles all NCMR issues with the suppliers. Return and replace materials as necessary.
- Participates and supports continuous improvement activity
- Receive and confirm customer orders to meet customer needs and business objectives
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Reports to Focus Factory Manager or Supply Chain Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Internal Relationships: Master Scheduling/Production Control, Order Entry, Purchasing , Material Handling, Production, Receiving, Receiving Inspection, Shipping, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Contracts Administration, Accounts Payable and Management Staff.
- External Relationships : Close communication with suppliers
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS :
- On-time-delivery (OTD) and Past-due backlog
- Inventory $ and turns
- On-time release and close of production work-orders and purchase parts requisitions
- Elimination of receipt issues on the problem shelf
- Quick resolution for NCMR returns and/or replacement
- Resolution and up keep of individual cell’s Kanban Board(s)
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- 3+ years directly related planning experience, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment
- Production Planning experience in both a Military and a Commercial environment desired
- Solid understanding of Engineering Drawings (blueprints) and simple BOM structures
- Strong PC literacy (MS Office, particularly Excel) and integrated database/ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE :
- Multi-task flexible, “voice of customer” oriented professional
- Stress tolerant in a fast paced, results oriented environment
- Quality and cost conscious
- Team player
- Highly ethical and integrity beyond reproach
- Highly organized, analytical and fact based problem solver
- Commitment to continuous improvement
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Buyer/Planner has a major impact on the company’s ability to deliver quality products on time at an acceptable cost. Customer satisfaction, ability to secure future programs, and overall company reputation is greatly affected by performance.
Meggitt - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard