Recruitment Number 212336 - Halawa to Kalihi, Oahu Employment Only - The immediate vacancy is located at the Halawa Correctional Facility.
A continuous recruitment may be closed at any time. The notice of the last day to file applications will be posted on the Job Opportunities Listing page of our website.
Independently perform the full range of medical record activities, with responsibility for directing a medical record department of a hospital or allied medical care facility; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
Education: Applicants must meet one of the requirements specified in A, B, C, D, or E below:
A. A bachelor's degree in medical record science or health information administration from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
B. A Certificate in medical record science or health information administration from an approved school for health information administrators (usually 12 months), AND one of the requirements specified in 1, 2, or 3 below:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university of which 12 hours must have been in biological sciences and 6 hours must have been in mathematics.
3. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
C. Successful completion of a one-year training and internship program for health information administrators from an approved school, and possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
D. Possession of a Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Certificate which was awarded after qualifying on the national registration examination given by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
E. Any combination of a total of five years of college/university-level education, training and progressively responsible health information administration experience which establishes conclusively that the applicant possesses basic knowledge and understanding of the theories, principles, techniques, practices, terminology, and expressions of professional medical health information administration; knowledge of the fundamentals of medical science, human anatomy and physiology; and other knowledge and abilities essential for providing effective health information administration services.
1. If the applicant qualifies on the basis of a college/university-level education, he/she must have had at least one year of health information administration experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to that of a Medical Record Technician (Health Information Technician) VI or higher level in the State service.
2. If the applicant qualifies on the basis of experience alone with no college/university-level education or training, he/she must have had at least two years of health information administration experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to that of a Medical Record Technician (Health Information Technician) VI or higher in State service.
3. Applicants may qualify under any equivalent combination of the requirements shown in the paragraphs 1 and 2.
4. For the purpose of evaluating education, a full year of study is defined as a minimum of 30 semester credit hours (or equivalent). Specialized training, (e.g., training at a school for health information technicians or through "in-house" courses), will be allowed appropriate credit depending upon its applicability and extent.
Experience: One year of progressively responsible professional health information administration work experience.
Non-Qualifying Experience: Para-professional work as a medical record technician or clerk which was limited to the performance of such functions as reviewing medical records for completeness and accuracy and translating diseases and operations into the proper coding symbols; filing medical records or preparing records for duplication or microfilming; typing medical reports of operations, x-ray or laboratory examinations; or other duties limited to the procedural processing of medical data and which did not require full training in medical record science will NOT be considered qualifying.
The information provided above represents a summary of the complete Minimum Qualification Requirements . To view the Requirements in their entirety, please CLICK HERE .
The examination for this recruitment will be conducted on an unassembled basis where the examination score is based on an evaluation and rating of your education and experience. It is therefore important that your employment application provide a clear and detailed description of the duties and responsibilities of each position you held.
CLICK HERE for further information about Equal Employment Opportunity, the Merit Civil Service System, Citizenship and other requirements, Reasonable Accommodation, Veterans Preference, Examination Requirements, and the Internal Complaint and Merit Appeals Board Processes.