Intern - Administration & Operations
Summer 2013, 40 hours per week, up to 350 hours total (June, July, August), Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ; Occasional schedule changes as needed to meet the requirements of the job.
- Reports to Human Resources Manager
- Executes work under direct supervision 80% of the time, works independently setting work schedule priorities 20% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
This internship position will be responsible for a leadership opportunity on at least one project involving external partner and Dot senior management interaction in addition to managing or contributing to other projects; some projects will be one-time activities, other projects will be ongoing with varying degrees of frequency. This position will also support multiple personnel by preparing reports and spreadsheets using various software and AS400 programs. Frequent professional communication and interaction with internal and external customers to complete jobs is required. By the end of the internship tenure, the intern will have completed a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge and skills.
- Training within the Administration and Operations areas and other related departments to gain understanding of workflows and business needs.
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving.
- Leadership/ ownership of assigned project.
- Create, input, format and update a variety of projects and reports.
- Regular and clear communication with manager and internal and external team members on status of projects being managed.
- Distribute timely and accurate work.
- Maintain files and generate status information.
- Show professionalism in all skills.
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings and analysis.
- Research, spreadsheet development and maintenance as needed.
- Administrative tasks, other projects as assigned.
- Potential for occasional travel for training or meetings as needed.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Full-time student in good standing actively pursuing a degree, currently completing freshman, sophomore or junior year at an accredited college or university.
- Degree work towards a Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field is required.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during summer, 2013 tenure.
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Potential for limited overnight travel required; ability to travel without restriction via plane, auto, train or other transportation to meet the responsibilities of the job.
$8.25 - $12.00 per hour
Dot Foods is the largest food industry redistributor in the U.S. Family owned and operated for 55-years. Join our team today!