Position Title Position Title " >Mine Geologist AutoReqId AutoReqId " >3890BR Job Function Job Function " >Technical Services Country USA Province/State Province/State " >Alaska Site / Office Site / Office " >Fort Knox Mine Operation Job Category Job Category " >Full Time Job Description
Responsible for mapping “dig faces” and highwall exposures in open pit mines, mapping (logging) blast hole patterns and structural zones, integrate geologic data into grade control program, and guide shovel and loader operations.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- Log blast hole cuttings
- Prepare geologic and alteration maps of dig faces and highwall exposures
- Map structural features and rock quality characteristics and analyze data to determine highwall stability. Utilize the geotechnical model in daily inspections.
- Advise mine operations personnel and engineering staff of potential highwall stability problems
- Monitor blast hole sampling protocol and blast hole assaying. Revise sampling procedures as needed to ensure that representative samples are collected. Maintain a QA/QC program for blast hole assaying
- Consult with metallurgical staff on geologic/mineralogical characteristics of ore that may impact mill recoveries
- Work with loading unit operators and mine supervisors at the dig face to guide mining and minimize mining dilution
Bachelor’s degree of Science or higher in Geology required
Minimum of two years as a mine geologist in open pit mines preferred
Exposure to grade control for gold mining
Must have a sound background in sampling theory for gold and assay techniques
Possess a valid driver’s license
Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Removal Date Removal Date " >08-Mar-2013
Kinross - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard