Data Engineer IV-F
The Data Engineer will lead all data management functions and participate in the design and implementation of high performance and high reliability databases and data interfaces.
The DE will engage in the database architecture decisions and provide the following types of support:
- Lead or participate in database and data interfaces architecture design and implementation.
- Lead or participate in database upgrade process
- Analyze and resolve or recommend solutions to highly complex technical problems such, as performance issues, reliability issues, and data quality issues.
- Build database(s), maintain database baselines, support application requirements, testing and implementations.
- Develop support tasks scripts or tools to automate.
- Influence and educate project teams on the importance of good data management practices.
The application development project is a redesign of a government contractor operations tracker application- Synchronized Pre-deployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT).
provides authorized users throughout
the Federal Government
with secure access to historical and near-real-time information that
allows insight and the capability to dynamically affect ongoing contractor operations,
and perform comprehensive analytics of prior activities.
The redesign will provide improved and automated features and functionality for application users, scale to address the increasing transaction volumes, and also include enhancements to integrate automated synchronization with TOPSS and JAMMS.
Desired experience, skills, and qualifications:
US Citizen and willing to submit a form detailing the last 10 years of history for a security clearance
Existing DoD clearances are preferred but not required
Knowledge of Synchronized Pre-deployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT), Total Operational Picture Support System: Business Intelligence (TOPSS) and Defense Manpower Data Center infrastructure is preferred
At least 4 years experience as Oracle DBA
Experience with Oracle 11g DB
Experience with Data Migrations, this effort is supposed to be small
Understanding of how to purge data at regularly scheduled intervals
Understanding of Crystal Reports
Understanding of full software development lifecycle
At least 10 years IT experience, applications based experience preferred
Must be US citizen and must be able to obtain US security clearance
- Demonstrated experience working with high volume and high transaction databases.
- Demonstrated experience fine tuning databases for optimal performance.
HP - 24 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...