How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
The core responsibility of this position will be providing hardware/software support for RedHat Linux, HP-UX and IBM-AIX operating systems and SAN infrastructure. Primary duties include the installation, upgrade, maintenance support and troubleshooting issues on RedHat Linix, HP-UX and IBM-AIX platforms, SAN and related software products.
• Acquires thorough understanding of business areas supported to determine specific business requirements.
• Analyzes moderate to complex systems and software requirements to determine feasibility of design.
• Evaluates interface among hardware, software, operational and performance requirements.
• Troubleshoots technology problems and coordinates resolution with appropriate groups, including vendors.
• Evaluates, installs, and configures 3rd party utilities to support the management of the operating systems and hardware.
• Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness; develops new, or modifies current systems to improve processes by using new technologies.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, installs programs, maintains programs, and provides training.
• Determines and plans layout of new or modified computers and peripheral equipment.
• Designs and implements testing methodology; prepares and maintains documentation.
• Installs and monitors software system, hardware and peripherals to ensure operation in accordance with specifications.
• Participates in the preparation of proposals and recommendations for management and users.
• Reviews and defines work plans and is expected to meet budget and schedule commitments.
• Participates in the development of training manuals for the use of new or modified equipment, operating systems and software.
• Applies current technology or researches and acquires new technical knowledge to complete moderate to complex projects, and advises others on current issues and designs.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Functions as a liaison with users and management.
• Participates in 24X7 on-call rotation to support RedHat Linux, IBM AIX, HP-UX and SAN infrastructure.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, MIS, Mathematics or Engineering plus 1 year information systems experience; 5 years of information systems experience to include a minimum of 4 years experience with computer operations or background in Data Center processing reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• 2 years of technical systems programming and installations for Redhat Linux, IBM-AIX, HP-UX OS and a minimum Knowledge and experience with the principles and concepts of computer operating systems.
• Required to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary.
• Working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems.
• Required to be on-call for remote or on-site after hours work.
Excellent troubleshooting skills (server, network, OS and/or performance issues on RedHat Linux, HP-UX, IBM-AIX Operating Systems, SAN, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, MIS, Mathematics or Engineering plus 3 years of software engineering, programming analysis, or software development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Knowledge of network computing; client server, and service oriented architectures.
• Experience with various operating systems: , Windows, HP-UX, IBM-AIXand RedHat Linux.
• Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Computer skill requirements include: intermediate MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Skilled at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Experience performing work that is difficult in nature, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
• Experience resolving conflict by creating a win-win situation.
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
• Experience with clustered server environment.
• Experience with Virtual Servers.
• Experience investigating, learning and employing new technologies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's...