1. Controls and has responsibilities for one or several projects from project inception to project completion. Works with supervisors and product engineering to establish the pre-design equipment specifications for new equipment. Becomes familiar with all products and processes affected by the new equipment and helps evaluate the effects of automation. Assists in estimating design and development time and costs.
2. Works alone or with other members of a design team to generate design concepts. Is responsible for the design layout, detail drawings, DES and other associated project documentation. May personally generate the detail drawings or may supervise engineers or draftsperson when available and applicable. Confers with other designers and machinist to insure that new design pieces are producible.
3. Performs or directs engineers or technicians in evaluation of materials and processes to be used in the design. Fabricates or directs technicians in fabrication or prototype models for test purposes. Redesigns as necessary after testing to meet necessary specifications.
4. Supervises fabrication and assembly of new designs and assist in the modification, installation and operator/maintenance training as required.
5. Uses computer equipment, running engineering or business programs, to generate drawings and project documentation, and to do engineering evaluations of test data.
6. Develops and maintains knowledge of equipment vendors. Works with outside vendors to test and develop purchased equipment for use in Vishay. After obtaining proper authorization, sends appropriate specification, drawings and sample parts to equipment manufacturers for testing and evaluation. Originates or supervises the origination of requests for purchase orders for materials and components required to complete projects.
7. May be called upon to travel periodically to vendor sites and to participate in the installation and extended training on new products in domestic and/or overseas locations.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
One year to two years.
Skills / Certifications
Requires the ability to use computer equipment employing engineering design programs such as CAD, or Solid Works, or other engineering or business programs to generate drawings and provide project documentation and engineering evaluations of test data.
Vishay - 2 years ago