Server Team Technical Lead 319830 (NCI) (Job Number: 319830)
The IT Operations Group, part of the Information Systems Program, is responsible for information technology infrastructure, including high performance computing, enterprise storage and advanced telecommunications at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
Provide system administration expertise for a variety of Linux operating systems and VMWare. Installation and configuration of Linux servers (CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL, SUSE – some Windows work may be required). Troubleshoot performance issues. Set up and configure application uptime and performance monitoring. Install, configure and maintain web and Linux-based applications. Install and configure server software, such as database servers, database clients, app servers and software as needed. Complete several security tasks including the testing and application of security patches on operating systems, advise of security alerts for in-use software, such as Apache vulnerabilities, etc. Help maintain development and production environments. Support application migration and source code repository management. Configure SSL MPKI server certificates. Install and replace server hardware which includes and is not limited to memory, HDDs, power supplies, interface cards, etc. Serve as technical team lead for a server team consisting of four to six system administrators.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to computer/science/math or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of six (6) years of related experience required.
- Proficient in Linux system and application installation, administration, maintenance, upgrades and support.
- Proficient in SSH, SFTP, HTTP, SSL, MPKI, Apache configuration.
- Proficient in implementation and maintenance of VMWare hosts.
- Proficient in mounting and maintaining external file systems; NAS. Proficient in MYSQL administration.
- Experience with performance monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Experience with clustering production environments.
- Experience with hardening environments from a security perspective.
- Experience with application monitoring, uptime, alerts, and availability reporting.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail, documentation, and follow-through.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively lead within a team configuration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Configuration management and control experience.
- Strong analysis/diagnostic skills for troubleshooting system, networking, and latency issues.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with application deployment and continuous integration are a plus.
- Experience with Puppet Configuration Management (or equivalent) software strongly recommended.
SAIC-Frederick Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC, is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. SAIC-Frederick is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.*cb*
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 9, 2013, 1:03:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...