We are seeking a smart and creative technical individual with an eagerness to learn and grow as the company expands. With the supervision and membership of a small team, you will be responsible for designing, modifying, maintaining, and monitoring systems for availability, stability, and response time to our users. We currently manage several hundred virtual machines within our growing enterprise. Our virtual machines are used for software product development, quality assurance, business infrastructure, network management, and data center management. We also maintain several HPC clusters running high-end CAE applications.
This is full time position with some on-call responsibilities. As part of a team, the on-call nature is shared and not continuous. This exciting role requires your on-site presence in our Troy, MI facility. Our culture aligns with our dedication to provide innovation to our customers.
Are you innovative? If so, please read on.
Apply your intuitive IT knowledge. Visit our website to catch sight of an exciting technology company. Identify diverse career development options. Learn about a company with great benefits, an on-site family medical clinic and gym. Apply here to empower your innovation. We look forward to hearing your ideas.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Strong knowledge of RedHat, SuSE, and Ubuntu Linux distributions
- Strong knowledge base of VMware/vSphere 4.x minimum, including high availability and storage vMotion components
- Microsoft and/or VMware certifications desirable
- iSCSI SAN familiarity, products in use include Dell EqualLogic, NetApp, and EMC Data Domain
- Active Directory operations
- Strong knowledge of scripting (Powershell, Linux shells, VMware)
- Applicable industry certification(s) preferred
- Willingness to work off hours/holidays when needed; compensation is provided for off hours work and expenses.
Altair Engineering - 19 months ago
Altair Engineering is an information technology and product development consulting company that provides software and services to more than...