The Health Promotion Specialist role supports the execution of key wellness initiatives on an identified book of business The HPS identifies the right wellness program mix and the program setting to educate, engage and activate employees to achieve health improvement goals. In partnership with the CIGNA account team, the HPS recommends the appropriate delivery and coordination of wellness programs including event scheduling and appointment coordination, community and vendor programs, and monitors effectiveness of the programs. The focus of the Health Promotion Specialist is the working well population of employees in aggregate. A core objective of this position is to facilitate wellness programs that educate and influence employees at the worksite to lead healthy lifestyles. As such, the incumbent must be able to demonstrate that they are a positive role model for the healthy behaviors that they promote.
- Assist sales partners with assessment of client’s employee health challenges and objectives, helping them to design a wellness program that is customized to their workforce, goals and budget. The assessment will utilize health assessment data and may factor in claim/utilization data, employee survey data, or other data as appropriate.
- Consults with sales partners to convey the importance of the establishment of the right framework for an effective wellness program, i.e., leadership support, a wellness committee, the appropriate incentive structure, and supporting organizational policies related to wellness
- Wellness Campaigns
- Coordinates health related group activities among population over a defined time period (walking groups, weight loss support groups, etc) and reviews aggregated data for impact on the population
- Coordinates on-site seminars and classes
- Assist employer HR/mgmt with coordination of wellness event/fair (member of employer led planning committee)
- Highly skilled in making presentations and influencing others.
- Excellent communications skills both in writing and verbally.
- Self-starter; able to work independently to get results
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in health and wellness field
- Certified through the National Commission For Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) or State Board, or National Wellness Institute(NWI)or Chapman Institute candidate may achieve certification within one year post-hire
- Bachelors degree in health education, health promotion, or related field preferred
- Travel may include overnight
Cigna - 2 years ago
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....