Jefferson High School, Home of the Saints
Jeffco Public Schools, Colorado
Yes, Colorado is a great place to live, but you will not have lots of extra time for recreational pursuits in this leadership role! If you have experience as a turnaround principal, or other transformational leadership experience, and you are not afraid of hard work, this might be the position for you. Please do not apply unless you are serious about working with this population of students and adults. We won’t waste your time; don’t waste ours. Competitive compensation package of up to $120,000 for delivered results.
About the School:
Jefferson High School (JHS) is located in Edgewater, CO serving a diverse 9 – 12 th grade student population with a typical enrollment of over 600 students. The school is proud of its diverse student body and is committed to creating an enriching educational environment but needs to improve student achievement and results so that all students are prepared for work or college. The school boasts a 2012 Daniel’s Fund award winner and the ASCENT program, a partnership with Red Rocks Community College, that offers students the chance to earn a high school degree and an associate’s degree within five years. The 2011-12 JHS graduation rate was 70.2 percent.
About the District:
Jeffco Public Schools, Colorado’s largest school district, with almost 86,000 students and approximately 14,000 employees, has provided educational excellence for more than 60 years. Nearly 10 percent of all Colorado K-12 students attend a Jeffco school. Jeffco leads the state and nation with innovations in education like compensation redesign, classroom technology advancements and extended professional development opportunities. Jeffco Schools ties for the second-best graduation rate of the nation’s 50 largest school districts, according to Education Week’s Diplomas Count report.
- Passion and commitment for urban school transformation; confidence to lead in a challenging situation and belief that all children can learn
- Outstanding strategic planning and problem-solving skills with an orientation toward results, action, impact and influence
- Demonstrated expertise in building a positive school culture and standards-based, rigorous, instructional program conducive to student learning and professional growth of staff
- Proven ability to share leadership and collaborate with students, staff, parents, community members and other stakeholders to drive student learning
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, selecting and developing high-performing teams
- Certifications, endorsements, administrative experience, and/or expertise in curriculum, assessment and teacher professional development are strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
Dr. Cynthia Stevenson, Superintendent
- Applications will be considered beginning February 20 th .
- Apply on-line at: www.jeffcopublicschools.org Attach your resume and cover letter to your on-line application and reference job opening #592433
- Or send your resume and cover letter to:
Jeffco Public School
1829 Denver West Drive, Bldg #27
Golden, CO 80401
- 2 years ago - save job