Position is for a government client located in Alexandria, VA. The Administrative Assistant/Program Support Coordinator will provide executive administrative and secretarial support to senior level staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage calendar and arrange travel (using DTS & DMS for OCONUS); arrange for travel, e.g., develop itineraries, make reservations, coordinate with internal/external individuals and groups, and assist in submitting resultant expense reports.
- Prepare and finalize correspondence including letters, memoranda, briefings, presentations, meeting minutes, and reports. Produce charts and other presentation materials. Review, proofread, and edit materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and in approved format.
- Manage office files; ensure compliance with directives/sound office management procedures.
- Support staff time accounting, as required, through time verification activities (e.g., leave time)
- Receive, read, and screen incoming department mail; distribute appropriately and act on routine matters. Receive and screen incoming telephone calls and refer to appropriate staff. Use Task Track system to manage suspense items; establish appropriate suspense control other items.
- Assist with other duties by working with staff members in a cooperative environment.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Support development and control of correspondence packages (e.g., GAO, DoD/IG, DoD Publications, and Reports to Congress) including preparation and coordination as requested.
- Perform general office duties: maintain paper and electronic files and databases, photocopy, fax and prepare mailings. Coordinate maintenance of common office equipment.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, including reservation of conference space, notification to attendees, catering preparations, and all arrangements from set-up to completion.
- Manage office accounts: maintain purchase orders and other items necessary for day-to-day office operations. Assure availability of required supplies and services, and process and record all required documents.
- Maintain confidential or sensitive information and documents.
- Eligibility to obtain a secret clearance, current secret clearance preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 year's executive support experience
- High energy, enthusiasm, tact, ability to effectively interact with senior staff members.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be self directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Availability for occasional travel.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Logistics Management Institute - 18 months ago
Logistics Management Institute (LMI) helps find simple solutions out of complex problems. The company is a not-for-profit organization that...