The Intern, Office of Medical Management will perform general duties associated with the Office of Medical Management (OMM). The position will assist with daily OMM scheduling of medical case reviews and nurse case manager staffing with physicians. Assist with Utilization Review and Quality Management projects and preparing for claims reviews.
This is a full-time summer internship and will require someone who can work at least 40 hours per week. Start and end dates will be based on availability and business need.
The items listed are essential functions of the position unless otherwise stated
- Assist in preparing for grievance reviews and attend the grievance board meetings
- Assist with scheduling medical case reviews with the physicians in OMM
- Assist OMM staff with Utilization Review and Quality Management projects
- Attend hearing loss claims and black lung claims reviews
- Scheduling appointments for case management staffing with physicians
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Nonessential function: other duties as assigned.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Responsive to customer needs
- Ability to work well with both internal and external customers
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail, including organizational skills
- Ability to work as a dependable, collaborative team member and perform based on established standards and expectations
Applications must be received by 5 PM, April 12, 2013.
- Must be currently enrolled and have completed at least 60 credit hours with an accredited college or university
- Preference may be given to those pursuing a degree in Medical related fields
Brickstreet Mutual Insurance - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard