LAB/RAD Computer Operator - Radiology - Info Systems/Sched
Radiology - Info Systems/Sched
- This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center .
**The Clinical Diagnostics Computer Operator reports to the Radiology Operations Manager or the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for the operation and monitoring of on-line systems, preparing documentation, running batch processing and other productions jobs, preparation, storage and/or distribution of output products including reports & images, maintaining required files and assisting users with problems during the course of their shift. Provides leadership and training for other Radiology, Lab and Clinical (nursing personnel) as required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Schedules and/or run batch or other production jobs as assigned. Performs system maintenance on multiple Clinical Diagnostic applications as scheduled.
2. Monitors Clinical Diagnostic systems and associated Patient Information Systems (PowerScribe) to insure responsive operation and restarts the systems in case of failure. Coordinates necessary first or second level support necessary to resolve problems in an expedient manner with the least amount of impact to the users.
3. Maintains a working environment that promotes a professional image of the department throughout the Medical Center .
4. May performs “On Call” responsibilities after normal business hours by responding to customer requests from various system users, defining priorities, answering questions, and resolving problems. Uses resources or vendors as necessary to resolve problems, and reports outcomes to manager as well as logs issues in Change Point.
5. Insures systems output is prepared, stored and/or delivered in accordance with specified guidelines.
6. Prepares and/or maintains required work documentation logs and reports.
7. Provides assigned training to less experienced personnel as required or scheduled.
8. Provides appropriate leadership to staff through delegating, consultation and support.
9. Provides a conduit for our external customers (referring offices ~ AutoFax & Physician-Portal) for training and trouble shooting system issues that affect the timely delivery of patient information necessary to the care and treatment of patients.
10. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
11.Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: AA Degree required in Information Services or two years in a computer science college major study program. May be waived if possesses extensive experience with the hardware and software in use by the Medical Center .
2. Licensure / Certifications: none required. Vendor training certification is preferred.
3. Experience: One year of experience as a computer operator involving Clinical Diagnostic Systems preferred.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago