- Ensures sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded within the therapeutic area at a regional level.
- Has a relentless drive and ability to align actions with regional business plans, and can understand and evaluate the potential impact of external events on the organizational/regional strategies.
- Inspires ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team by regularly communicating AZ's vision, business objectives, performance outcomes, and future action steps.
- Develops people and the organization by investing in long-term development of others through mentoring, coaching, and continuous feedback.
- Creates a climate of trust so team members can act decisively by clarifying roles/responsibilities and establishing boundaries of decision-making.
- Strong competencies in strategic thinking, project management, and communication by collaborating with customers and sales executives in the field to help shape customer perceptions of AZ and enhance the brand portfolio.
- Focuses on delivering on a few high-impact opportunities by implementing customer-specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences.
- Accurately acknowledges both the broad environmental context of situations and the needs/motivations of others (i.e., excellent insight into how to get things done and they know who they need to influence and why).
- Has the ability to identify issues and opportunities before others, and uses robust analytical rigor to frame situations and incorporate new perspectives and ideas.
- Anticipates and/or removes obstacles for others to that teams/workgroups can deliver results and succeed.
- Establishes business objectives, assesses performance, and addresses skill development for direct reports to ensure appropriate portfolio management, including opportunities for career development.
- Ability to lead and influence district sales leaders through modeling and coaching to AZ's leadership capabilities. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare, must have management experience in field sales.
- Ability to identify strategies with greatest business impact, formulate an appropriate business plan and enroll their teams to execute the plan.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication competencies, and experience in managing budgets are required.
- Thorough understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within all therapeutic areas.
- Ability to lead and manage district sales leaders and to develop staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Exhibited ability to manage multiple, concurrent work-streams in diverse functional/therapeutic areas.
- Previous successful work experience in team selling environments, inclusive of successful management of teams.
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills.
- MBA and/or prior experience in multiple commercial functions (e.g. Marketing, Managed Markets).
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...