Bachelor’s degree and educational requirements needed to be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in New Mexico and meet requirements of Home Health Medicare Conditions of Participation if necessary. One year experience in supervised clinical practice in acute care or rehab setting. Basic typing competency preferred. Need to have current driver’s license as well as auto insurance.
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
• Provide direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, and documenting on laptop at point of contact; individual patient needs, actions taken and patient responses.
• Maintains a department defined minimum daily productivity.
• Evaluate patient’s condition, interpret MD orders and plan Occupational Therapy treatment in patient’s home, provide on-going Occupational Therapy program.
• Instruct patient/family/care givers in follow through with Occupational Therapy program, leaving written instructions as necessary.
• Order and adapt equipment for safety and patient independence at home, instruct in care and use of adaptive equipment.
• Observe and report to MD and other PHH team members regarding patient’s condition and response to treatment.
• Participate in monthly team conferences and monthly staff meetings, conducting inservices as required.
• Provide orientation to new employees.
• Supervise COTAs, supervise/instruct HHTs in therapy program follow through.
• Participates in agency continuous quality improvement activities as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 2 years ago