Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
JCPenney is one of America’s leading retailers with revenues close to $20 billion. Our customers can shop with us in over 1,000 stores located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, and through jcp.com, one of the most popular general merchandise Web sites on the Internet. Whether shopping in our stores, catalogs or on the web at jcp.com, customers find style and quality at a smart price.
The company is executing its strategic plan to be the growth leader in the retail industry. Key to this strategy is JCPenney's "Every Day Matters" brand positioning, intended to generate deeper, more emotionally driven relationships with customers by fully engaging the Company's 155,000 Associates to offer encouragement, provide ideas and inspire customers every time they shop with JCPenney. Every Day Matters in your career….Come be a part of our growth.
Sr. Manager II – Payroll / Payroll Tax
Basic Function – Direct and lead the Payroll and Payroll Tax Reporting management team, all major activities and the operation through strong leadership and communication skills and an extensive overall knowledge of multistate payroll and tax processes and regulations. Maintain productive relationships with both internal and external business partners and customers, resulting in high quality and compliant service levels, while continually focusing on process improvements.
1. Manage and lead the Payroll and Tax Reporting management and operational teams through on-going coaching and direction.
2. Oversee all corresponding processes, systems, and data and ensure teams are providing high quality, timely, and compliant services.
3. Develop and recommend objectives and strategies for accurate, timely and compliant processes within assigned areas.
4. Support relationships with Third Party providers for multiple processes and ensure valid controls and compliance exist.
5. Provide strategic guidance and oversight to the teams to support our continual process improvement initiative through root cause analysis throughout the Payroll operational teams and the JCPenney Shared Services Center.
6. Build and maintain solid working relationships with Senior Management in JCPSSC, Controllers, Finance, HR, Legal, Audit, etc.
7. Maintain and further improve solid operational performance and metrics of the Payroll and Payroll Tax Reporting teams.
8. Actively participate in initiatives to support the JCPenney Shared Services Center Long Range Plan as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an accounting or finance major. MBA, CPA, CPP a benefit.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressive and diversified multi-state Payroll / Tax operational experience, preferably with a large corporation. Strong background in managing, directing and leading teams, continual process improvement, with a desire to be a “payroll professional”. PeopleSoft HRMS experience a plus.
Core Competencies: Strong leadership skills, extensive payroll and payroll tax operational knowledge, adept at recognizing and adapting to change, analytical and conceptual skills, systems applications, drive for results, oral and written communication skills, and motivation.
JCPenney - 4 years ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...