Senior Linux Kernel Engineer
Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) is looking for a MS/PhD Electrical/Computer engineer with strong background in Embedded product development using Android OS, or any other Linux OS based embedded platform. In this position, you will be working on the next generation technologies for Intel Mobile devices. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Design and develop the Linux Kernel drivers for Customer reference platforms. Work with the internal and external open source communities to upstream the Drivers.
- Lead the Firmware and Android Software stack bring-up activity on Customer reference platforms.
- Demo and Proof of Concept mock ups. Create test conditions to evaluate corner cases and come up with new use cases.
- Coming up with innovative solutions/tools that would help improve engineering efficiency.
- Provide the associated software documentation for users and technical support to customers to address the issues escalated to engineering from technical support.
- Must be in a MS or PhD degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. You should have project experience in the broad areas of system software design and/or development on Real time OS targets.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience with Linux kernel, Device Drivers, and C programming.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working on Device drivers such as Sensors, Display, Touch, Energy Management, and Audio is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with Software Validation, Build, Release and Configuration Management.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GIT is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a lab environment is a plus
USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 2 years ago
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...