Indeed.com is seeking an Internal Application Developer to build web-based applications, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end, that automate business processes.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
The Online Sales and Operations team keeps Indeed growing and profitable. We are dedicated to supporting the company's expanding base of advertisers, publishers and users on a global basis, and providing them with the highest levels of service. We are responsible for supporting customers and generating revenue from a broad range of products. This means that team members need to be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As an Internal Application Developer, you will help build internal systems to drive revenue growth, create efficient workflows, provide new customer insight, and solve one-off problems quickly. You will be responsible for an entire project, from gathering requirements to launching and maintaining your work of art. You should possess a mix of technical strength and business acumen.
We're looking for someone who:
- Build web-based applications, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end, that automate business processes
- Analyze work processes to determine inefficiencies and opportunities for automation.
- Design, implement, test, and launch internal tools.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure.
- Develop internal database expertise and manage data pulls
- Understands the end user and can create simple, elegant solutions
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Always understands why something needs to be built not just what needs to be built
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BA/BS degree preferred in Computer Science or related major with a strong academic record
- Experience with UNIX, preferably Linux
- Experience with building and maintaining applications using MVC frameworks is strongly desired
- Tack-sharp analytical abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Indeed - 17 months ago
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 140 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. Job...