GEM Companies is seeking a Senior Facilities Base Operating Services (BOS) Program Analyst to join our team. This position will be located in Denver, CO.
Serves as the Program Manager conducting analytical and business planning on matters concerning Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for DISA data centers, facility operating support program requirements, site communications and coordination issues, installation support, and programming guidance. Supports all maintenance concerns on the infrastructure to include architectural, electrical, mechanical, civil and environmental issues, programming guidance, and building codes. Provides direct support for maintenance service contract management, Installation Support Agreements, Base Operating Services program requirements, site communications and coordination issues with the contracting offices.
- Planning and evaluating facility and infrastructure operations and maintenance to obtain maximum utilization of facilities and equipment.
- Developing O&M criteria, procedures, and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet unique operating requirements.
- Insuring that facilities comply with all federal, state and local, building, environmental, health and safety, codes, rules and regulations.
- Resolving problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors and the initiation of facility improvements as required.
- Exercising judgment within generally defined technical practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Technical writing of statements of work (SOW) and performance work statements (PWS).
- Providing independent cost estimates related to equipment installation for labor and materials.
- Coordinating project schedules and program priorities to ensure timely task accomplishment.
- Support budget development for and manage centralized contracts for facility operations and maintenance to provide individual facilities with lowest cost and most responsive service.
- Providing Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) oversight of physical plant operations and maintenance as well as construction projects.
- Maintaining multiple databases of facility assets including facility associated infrastructure support equipment and security systems.
- Evaluating each facility's mission support capability, operating cost efficiency, and reliability; initiating improvements as required.
Specific Skills Needed:
- Ability to work independently without substantial direction or correction.
- Highly detail oriented, with ability to correlate details to broader requirements.
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies of all actions to achieve resolution.
- Wide breadth of knowledge in the engineering, construction and/or maintenance fields; with willingness to independently explore and learn new fields and information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and task orders through planning and execution.
- Technical writing skills to include proofreading, spelling, grammatical, & similar errors.
- Knowledge of general facility improvements to include electrical, HVAC, plumbing, structures.
- Experience in performing quality assurance reviews to ensure correctness and completeness of tasks to written technical standards.
- Working knowledge of computer-assisted engineering and design (AutoCAD) software.
- Working knowledge of computer skills and MS office suite.
- Working knowledge and experience with facility management of data center facilities.
- Project planning and programming to include writing project justification and cost estimating.
- Oversight of sustainment, maintenance and repair plans for multiple facilities.
- Database management of assets related to facility, infrastructure, and equipment improvements and maintenance requirements.
- Managing multiple projects and tasks through planning, design, execution and acceptance.
- Knowledge of Federal Government funding rules and processes.
- Knowledge and experience with facility management of data centers.
- Previous work supporting a mission-critical technical facility.
- Previous experience with Government contracting processes.
- Previous experience with Quality Assurance (QA) inspecting the results of others' work against a published standard.
Education Requirements: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Construction Management, or other technical related degree. Business Administration and/or Facility Management / Data Center management experience a plus.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of Ten (10) years experience in facility management, maintenance and/or facilities engineering.
Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable but not required.
Travel: Required to travel to various sites throughout the U.S. and Europe for approximately 30% of the annual work schedule and at times up to 50% of the monthly work schedule. Must be able to travel on short notice.
Clearance: Requires U.S. DOD Secret Clearance.
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Work Location: DISA Computing Services facility located in the Denver Tech Center, Greenwood Village, CO 80111