The Chemical Process Operator performs all the operating functions in the production departments. Reads ingredient batch tickets, weighs, and measures ingredients, records ingredient amounts used. The incumbent is responsible for adding correct amounts of ingredients into tanks, mixing ingredients according to requirements and then filling properly labeled containers with the finished flavor products. This position is required to clean and inspect totes, drums, tanks and mixers prior to each batch. The incumbent must be fork lift certified. The position holder performs various jobs in the factory consistent with the physical demands and skill level of the position.
1. Produce blended flavors and flavor components in compliance with governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards.
2. To comply with NFI's Safety Policy and maintains a safe and healthy work environment that meets or exceeds governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards.
3. To comply with NFI's Quality Policy for delivering 100% safe products to our customers.
4. Is accountable to immediately report any problems or issues that could impact the Quality and Food Safety of NFI products to their manager, the Senior Quality Assurance and Regulatory Manager or the Factory Director at NFI.
5. To comply with OSHA, GMP, HACCP, FDA, DOT and EPA regulations while working in the production operations.
6. Inspect all outgoing containers for compliance with FDA, GMP, HACCP, customer and company specifications.
7. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of batch tickets, production orders, HACCP forms, and SAP transactions.
8. Ensure ongoing development of personal skill levels.
9. Perform other duties as assigned; TPM Teams, Safety Teams, etc.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 1 - 5 years manufacturing/ingredient/flavor blending experience
3. Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
4. Basic Microsoft Office computer skills and SAP computer skills
5. Intermediate problem solving skills
Wrigley - 3 years ago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...