The Academic Operations - Supervisor position manages a team which includes Registration Assistant I, Registration Assistant II and Registration Team Leads. The position is responsible for all student academic and attendance record keeping. This position includes compiling, maintaining, and tracking student academic information and records for internal and external analysis and/or use. This position acts as the central records facilitator for permanent academic information on current and prior students. The Supervisor shares the responsibility for the successful enrollment and persistence of online students. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Maintain academic and attendance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures
- Organize and coordinate quarterly registration and clearance activities, including the completion of the Student Body Flow by Date report
- Promote student success through data management
- Continue to improve the timeliness of information processing through effective system management, staff development, and interdepartmental communication for internal and external constituencies
- Ensure the academic policies are complied with consistently
- Ensure compliance for graduation requirements
- Assist with Plus program duties as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Manager of Academic Operations
Registration Assistant I, Registration Assistant II, Registration Team Lead
Staff, faculty, students
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 3-5 years of work experience preferred
- Must be able to solve complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong computer skills; MS Office Suite
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 14 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...