The Global Financial Applications team is looking for a manager to lead our Oracle Functional Analyst Team. This Manager’s leadership skills and expertise in Oracle Financial Applications will play a key role designing and implementing applications used within Amazon. This individual will lead Functional Analysts, work with business stakeholders, and design, and implement the solutions that will support Amazon.com's multi-billion dollar business with dramatically increased functionality, performance, scalability, and flexibility. Along the way you'll gain and leverage a unique appreciation of how Amazon.com works. This role will be responsible for, and have significant influence over a portion of projects in the team’s work portfolio while managing and developing our Functional Analyst team.
- Functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with the Oracle e-Business Suite (11i and R12 experience a must) plus 3 years leading or managing Oracle Functional Analyst teams.
- A degree in business administration and at least 6 years of Oracle e-Business Suite experience are required.
- A record of great hiring great team members and developing the next generation of leaders
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Thorough understanding of enterprise information systems with an ability to interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- You must be able to work independently and collaboratively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams.
- Expert level knowledge across the key financial applications (GL, AP, AR, and Fixed Assets) with a deep understanding of configuring, implementing, and understanding how these applications support the Procure to Pay and Order to Cash business processes.
- Works with Functional Analyst team to gather and develop business requirements documents, performs gap analysis, create system configuration documents, develop detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Experience with distributed transaction-processing systems and financial accounting is a must.
- The Global Financial Systems team is a fast paced, dynamic environment. A strong desire to work in such an environment is an important key to success.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- CPA or CFA
- Experience dealing with a varied set of customers across the world would be a plus
Amazon.com - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...