- Take a leadership role as technical sales specialist driving Converged Optical sales for your assigned accounts within Americas
- Be the go-to sales lead in Converged Optical in a collaborative sales approach with the Account Teams of the selected accounts where opportunities are developed or present.
- Build and execute an innovative joint business plan with sales management for your assigned vertical/operation/country. Grow and convert pipeline. Establish reference customers.
- Understand, articulate and position both internally and externally Cisco's Converged Optical evolution and product portfolio. Strong architectural sales experience.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key Transport and IP decision makers in the market and in the channel and ecosystem partners.
- Directly engage in Converged opportunities, while allowing the local account team to maintain overall ownership of the relationship and strategy of the account.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation of Optical Transport needs in a customer’s organization. Use technical and business acumen to align business drivers to Cisco solutions.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
- Establish a strong team selling approach. Deliver business value in every engagement, for the customer, for the partners and for the Cisco account team.
- Mentor AMs and RMs to make them more effective in selling Converged Optical solutions with an architectural approach.
- Take a lead role with senior management, peers, partners, company and customers in developing and maintaining Cisco’s success in IP and Optical solutions.
- Self-sufficient during the entire sales cycle of an Optical solution, including both technical and commercial aspects of our offering.
- Should be responsible for forecast accuracy related to Converged Optical opportunities within the assigned accounts.
- Should be able to define together with account teams the bidding structure and the intelligence needed around our Converged Optical Solutions to provide wining proposals.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate successful sales experience with 5+ years of proven track record, in Packet Optical related solutions.
- Complete fluency in DWDM, OTN, Packet, Layer2, IPoDWDM and SONET/SDH required.
- Competitive product knowledge and experience required.
- Cisco experience, product and end-to-end positioning.
- Must be proficient in team selling approach, comfortable applying business acumen and financial expertise to identify & qualify selling opportunities.
- Demonstrate success in managing strategic accounts - including sales strategy, opportunity discovery, forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, and short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management.
- Strong relationship management skills with a genuine understanding of identifying, building and maintaining solid relationships with multiple key decisions makers within strategic accounts and partners.
- Must be comfortable communicating Cisco value to executive levels.
- Strong solution focus expertise for Optical Transport, in order to be viewed as the lead Converged Optical Sales Specialist for your assigned operation.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of competitors and the best sales strategies to compete against them.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong influencing skills to engage internal resources, including BDMs, PLM, CSEs, Cisco Services and Partners.
Cisco Systems - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...