Incumbent serves as a Payroll Assistant, responsible for record keeping, payroll processing, and auditing activities. Assists employees with payroll related issues and works closely with Payroll, HRIS, and Benefit team members.
- Enters new hires into the payroll system.
- Serves as payroll backup and support, to include, but not limited to, processing bonus, commission payments, insurance, garnishments, and other types of deductions.
- Assists in payroll and benefit reconciliations.
- Ensures relevant filing of documents in both an orderly and timely manner.
- Compiles various Human Resources and Benefit related reports.
- Additional general administrated responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of an Associate’s degree is required. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures a plus.
- Strong computer skills are required in MS Office (particularly Excel), internet, email, phone systems, etc. Excel test will be administered to all candidates.
- Ability to expeditiously perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and individuals in a professional manner.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
Angie's List - 22 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...