This job is responsible for dishing cold foods for the evening patient tray line. An incumbent gathers patient carts from floors, works in the dish room on clean side, prepares and runs late trays at designated times, delivers snacks, and does cleaning at the end of the shift.
Cleans patient carts for dinner tray line and participates in preparation for tray line; assumes “starter” position on patient tray line.
Sets up and breaks down catering carts as assigned by the supervisor.
Follows daily cleaning procedures.
Displays adequate knowledge of modified diets.
Performs scullery work including transferring patient tray carts from nursing wings to the dish room; assisting with dishwashing, storing clean dishes, and cleaning the dish machine and the scullery.
Leaves the scullery pre-set for the next morning.
Uses proper body mechanics, proper posture, appropriate repetitive relief measures and static posture relief measures.
Relieves cafeteria employees for break.
Attends hospital and department inservices.
Complies with Hospital attendance policy and department requirements.
Demonstrates support of the Hospital’s Values statement and develops understanding of the Hospital’s philosophy as stated in the facility values.
Organizes time to account for workload, meetings, and emergencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties of the position.
- Food Handler’s Permit must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
OR-Pendleton-St Anthony Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...