As part of the Western Union® Business Solutions Marketing department, the successful Lead Generation Associate will be a member of a group of highly motivated specialists performing a hybrid of inbound and outbound opportunity development.
The Lead Generation team's number one focus is to maximize conversions of prospective business to revenue by making outbound phone calls to high value prospects that have been identified through detailed industry research. Working closely with the Canadian & US sales and research teams, the successful Lead Generation Associate will act as a first contact with prospects and will be responsible for nurturing prospective leads until which time they can be passed to the Sales Team for close of sale. This role will be critical to new business growth.
Contact and qualify potential leads through outbound calling/telemarketing activities
Work with internal customer data and use effective online search skills to discover potential industries and customer segment opportunities.
Develop and prioritize opportunities and produce lead lists.
Research and refine lead contacts and develop contact schedules.
Respond quickly to online lead submissions to accurately determine lead value and distribution.
Work with the respective sales executives to leverage regional and industry knowledge.
Contact and qualify potential leads.
Forward appropriate opportunity to appropriate sales channel for follow up.
Increase personal knowledge of the foreign exchange and payments industry in order to educate prospects.
Accurately enter information into CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools.
Demo online platforms and products to internal and external customers, and prospects.
Continued self development of sales nurturing techniques and skills
Work with branch sales teams to introduce their customer bases to online products.
- Some post secondary education - preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience and proven track record in a sales environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with a CRM (Customer Relation Management) tool - an asset.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an inside sales environment - an asset.
- Excellent work ethic and exemplary interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be self motivated, use initiative and take independent action.
- Sound decision making, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High level of energy and a positive attitude that in line with Western Union Business Solutions Values.
- Ability to achieve productivity goals.
- Strong presentation skills to deliver Value Proposition.
- Desire and ability to identify new areas for learning, take advantage of learning opportunities, and use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job.
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Custom House branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, as well as send payments and purchase money orders. The Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services are offered through a combined network of approximately 430,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2009, The Western Union Company completed 196 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $71 billion of principal between consumers, and 415 million business payments. For more information, visit http://www.westernunion.com.
Western Union - 2 years ago