This role will provide leadership for the Seattle/NW Washington area consulting practice focused on developing high functioning teams of consultants and complete service offerings to meet market demand and client requirements. The Practice Director will create and maintain effective client relationships, while supporting profitable business development. Practice Director will provide management and technology leadership to Jibe’s clients and teams, build effective teams of consultants and ensure the quality of work performed. Provide expertise in areas such as program/project management, product & solution knowledge, enterprise IT strategy, road mapping, organizational change, leadership and process improvement.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: Experience managing teams of functional and technical consultants and creating a positive, professional culture within Jibe. Encourage teamwork and positive working relationships internally with consultants and externally with our customer community.
- Staff Management: Build and create high-functioning teams. Create and maintain professional development plans for all consultants relative to their goals, Oracle Partner requirements, and market demands. Conduct annual performance reviews for each employee in his/her practice. Responsible for performance management issues up to and including terminations. Stay current with field consultants to continually gauge morale, market trends, and potential threats to the success of our projects and/or relationships.
- Project Management and Oversight: On-site Project Quality Assurance when project scope, scale, and complexity require Practice Director level experience. Lead and/or conduct quality reviews on multiple projects of various size, complexity, industries and markets. Manage and support project teams to successfully deliver the client’s business requirements. Participate in weekly project team, or steering committee, meetings, to keep current, spot trends, and review major project threads or critical path items with project manager. Continually assess team morale and support the project manager, or lead, in managing client expectations.
- Marketing Awareness and Client Relationships: Maintain effective relationships with multiple clients and vendors. Publish and/or present to user, industry, and vendor trade shows. Assist in maintaining a professional market image for Jibe.
- Business Development: Support Sales in identifying new opportunities. Develop and present proposals, bids, RFPs, and statements of work congruent with the scale and scope of the sales cycle and eventual engagement. Collaborate with sales to up-sell consulting services within existing engagements and lead the communication of when to fully engage sales in developing the opportunity. Lead the estimating process with account management buy-in, to ensure profitable delivery.
- Hiring: Identify and actively recruit quality applicants and lead as the hiring manager for assigned positions. Drives hiring process for assigned positions and supports the hiring process for positions in other practices’ hiring cycle.
- Project Initiation: Orient the team to the project, statement of work (SOW), roles, responsibilities, deliverables, and risks. Work with project manager to initiate team. Help the project manager build rapport with client, construct initial detailed project plan, and participate in initiating each project thread. Create and support recurring project status reporting.
- A successful track record of extensive business knowledge, including but not limited to business development, service offering development, services execution, and mentoring teams.
- A work history showing progressively increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Experience managing at least 10 full-cycle implementations of Oracle ERP applications technology.
- Demonstrated, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate and build rapport with all audiences – from the newest hires to the client C-suite.
Environment and Physical Demand
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and contact information via online form found on the Careers page at www.jibeconsulting.com .
- BA / BS degree from accredited college or university in business, computer science, management, or a directly related field; or equivalent work industry experience.
- 15 years consulting experience implementing Oracle ERP applications and related technologies.
- 5 years in practice management or related management responsibilities.
Reports To: VP Consulting
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Jibe Consulting is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Jibe Consulting conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jibe Consulting, Inc. - 5 months ago