Requisition Number: 208 Job Title: Sr. Internal Auditor Area of Interest: Finance And Accounting City: Huntsville State / Province: Alabama
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Technical Ability: An aptitude for analytical processes and audit procedures is required to ensure ADTRAN complies with internal SOX controls and external audits.
- Communication Skills & Leadership: A high level of written and verbal communication skills and leadership ability is required to interact with all levels of Management. Applicant will rely on these competencies to ensure audits are conducted, and to provide a review and recommendation on internal procedures. Applicant must possess professional phone and e-mail etiquette skills, write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Interpersonal Skills & Teamwork: Required for fostering a team environment among internal groups and build relationships among internal Management and external clients. The applicant must possess the ability to engage others towards results and ensure the completion of tasks within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Initiative & Independent Judgment: There is high latitude for initiative and independent judgment as there is little supervision and work assignments are provided with limited direction. The applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
Experience performing SOX compliance testing is required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Related Experience: 3-7 years experience performing internal and/or financial audits, with at least 2 years in lead role.
Intermediate skills with ERP systems and utility programs, with knowledge of flowcharting software preferred.
- Equipment/Software Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
Working knowledge of audit software preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, or CISA) highly preferred.
- Travel Expectations: Very limited travel anticipated.
The Sr. Internal Auditor will oversee and lead internal auditing projects including: conducting performance, financial and compliance testing associated with internal controls according to Sarbanes Oxley Act section 404. Individual will conduct professional audits, communicate assessments, and present recommendations to correct any audit deficiencies and develop new audits.
- Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mental/Reasoning: Ability to understand and apply reasoning to carry out analytical reviews, summaries, and recommendations. Must be able to follow instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, oversees, and conducts internal audits of varying complexity and scope on all ADTRAN operations, including financial, operational, compliance, and IT audits.
- Establishes, with limited supervision, audit objectives, time estimate, plan of work, and supervises or performs data collection and documentation and evaluates results.
- Analyzes processes and suggest changes to enhance the organization.
- Prepares audit work papers, which document audit procedures performed according to the departmental guidelines.
- Prepares written audit recommendations and presents them to the client.
- Prepares written audit reports and discusses them with the client.
- Develops a thorough understanding of ADTRAN accounts, financial processes, systems, policies and procedures and maintains technical proficiency with Generally Accepted Audit Principles (GAAP), auditing standards, trends and best practices.
- Assists other staff auditors when assigned.
- Provides consulting service to clients on matters relating to internal controls, operations or accounting matters.
- Determines if appropriate corrective action has been taken on deficiencies noted during audits and examinations by testing corrective action and reporting the results to management.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Monster - 3 years ago