Directs and provides overall leadership to all SEIU communications media work, to support priorities for growth and initiatives to improve the lives of working families and our communities, involving members and the public in achieving these goals, and branding SEIU as the union working to improve the lives of all workers and end historic income inequality.
Must be able to represent the International Union with local leaders, members, staff, and outside organizations utilizing independent judgment and the highest level of professionalism.
Interfaces with highest-level organizational and external contacts, including:
· SEIU officers, division leadership, International senior staff, project and program managers, field and organizing directors, local union officers and staff.
· External: news media, politicians, government officials, partners and allies.
· Vendors: consultants, pollsters, freelancers, video and multi-media producers, advertising agencies.
Ensures that sophisticated choices are made about appropriate vendors and support services.
Direction and Decision Making:
Reports to the Communications Director and works with extreme independence and the utmost initiative.
· Must have demonstrated ability to manage own work and work of others without supervision.
· Requires a high level of judgment and sophistication, professionalism, ability to take initiative, and work independently.
· Must use a high level of judgment and discretion in resolving problems within the Communications Department, the division, and throughout SEIU.
· Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality in handling SEIU affairs.
· Must be able to work with International and local union elected leaders and senior staff in complex and sometimes politically sensitive situations.
· Must be able to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and set and meet deadlines, and ensure that staff team does the same.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
· Directs communications strategy and leads the media team in execution of communications work for SEIU’s political and legislative initiatives, including issue campaigns.
· Directs, develops, and drives both proactive and daily rapid response communications focused on winning the public debate over SEIU’s key legislative issues and political campaigns at the national and/or state level, among elites, opinion-makers, and Congress.
· Directs strategies and activities to improve the public image and visibility of the labor movement and SEIU and to maintain effective relations with national and local media.
· Directs and coordinates communications work with coalitions and strategic partners, with other senior members of the department.
· Serves as primary press contact at national level for International union issues and campaigns. Focus includes all print and electronic national media, national columnists, news magazines and shows, Capitol Hill media, commentators. Will also lead other direct communications aimed at elite and opinion-maker audience.
· Supervises other SEIU communications staff and consultants assigned to national level work on campaigns, and directs SEIU communications staff focused on in-state communications in priority congressional districts, and for state-wide elections or issue campaigns. Works with SEIU’s New Media team to integrate online strategies and initiatives.
Overall SEIU Communications
· Helps to develop and implement overall SEIU strategy as part of the International union’s communications lead management team.
Management and Administration
· Coordinates with the Executive Office, divisions, departments and field on strategies, staffing, and other issues.
· Serves as surrogate for Director of Communications, Deputy Directors of Communications, and senior leadership in a wide variety of settings.
· Serves as part of the senior management team of SEIU’s Communications Department.
· Helps manage the Communications Department, including planning, budgeting, and project management, and coordinates with departments and field on those issues.
· Directs allocation of staff team resources.
· Directs recruiting, reviewing, and recommending hiring for all media team communications staff.
· Directly responsible for retention of media team communications staff, including training, feedback, reviews, skill and career development.
· Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the department.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in communications-related field required. Ten or more years of experience in communications or related work, including at least five years managing strategy, planning, and program development, or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Experience developing and implementing high-level strategy on a wide range of campaigns, including organizing, contract, political, and legislative, as well as experience working with community allies.
· Superior writing, verbal, and analytical skills in speeches, releases, and other types of communication.
· High level of comfort in public speaking.
· Thorough and extensive knowledge of proactive, crisis, and other media relations strategies.
· Strong and established relationships with national media.
· Knowledge of the landscape of unions or other progressive organizations.
· High-level of critical thinking, and the ability to extract and synthesize information.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others.
· Ability to work effectively with members and staff from diverse ethnic, social, and economic groups.
· Thorough knowledge of electronic and print media systems. Knowledge of advertising techniques and familiarity with all aspects of literature, audio-visual, and online production process required.
· Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
· Skill in the use of personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but job may require work in the field or in other settings to perform the tasks required to complete assignments. Must be available for frequent travel with overnight stays. Long and irregular hours.
With 1.9 million members, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is the fastest-growing labor union in North America. Together...