The Premier Cash Application/Refund Associate is responsible for applying payments and/or refunds to patient accounts, calculate adjustments, and complete the balancing procedure. Identifies incorrect payments and initiates the resolution process. Scan all payment documents through image scan system. The incumbent will post payments and/or refunds using correct payment and adjustment codes, in addition to balancing payments and batches daily. Identifies incorrect payments and denials, then initiates the collection/denials process. He/she will contact third party agencies regarding questionable payments/unidentifiable payments that are received. Will report to the Premier Cash Applications/Refunds Supervisor any payment variance trends and registration trends.
1. Apply payments/adjustment to patient account in a timely manner.
2. Cash balances accurately.
3. Researches credit balances and request refund.
4. Ability to resolve payment posting problems.
5. Apply clear and concise notes to accounts, for future references purpose.
6. Comprehension of debits, credits, coordination of benefits and explanation of benefits.
7. Prompt, efficient and courteous customer relations.
8. Positive interactions with other managed care/contract compliance team members to achieve group goals.
9. Maintain cash application standards as established by the department.
10. Scan payments into Vanguard system with verification that documents are retrievable.
11. Special projects as requested by management.
Education: Associates Degree in Business Preferred
High School Degree/GED required
Experience: 2-3 years of healthcare billing and/or contract experience required.
Third party hospital reimbursement knowledge and federal regulations required.
Knowledge of WebMD, HDX, HDS, Vanguard/Optical Scanner, Exce/Word,
10-key,fax, and Xerox preferred.
Skills/Other: Keyboarding skills 35-40 wpm including WINDOWS applications is required.
Must have basic math skills, with percentages.
Medical terminology is a plus.
Exhibit strong computer skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong organizational skills required.
Must present a professional appearance and behavior at all times.
Premier Health Partners - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -