Position: Division Sales Manager
Reports to: Vice President Division Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position has primary responsibility for directing the sales department in selling and servicing current H. D. Smith customers and opening new accounts.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Responsible for directing the sales department in selling and servicing current H. D. Smith customers and opening new accounts. Manage the sales department consisting of the Field Sales Manager, Business Development Managers, Territory Sales Consultants, and related support staff.
2. Develop and implement the strategic direction for the sales department directed toward achieving the sales and profit objectives.
3. Interpret and evaluate sales performance, including monitoring of Territory Sales Consultants activities and call patterns.
4. Oversee participation of sales associates in sales training and develop methods for support and improvement of the sales personnel.
5. Develop and administer field policies and procedures including sales action plans, sales and expense budgets, sales policies, territory management, pricing quotation, and order analysis.
6. Promote and maintain the highest possible customer service relationship and satisfaction through the company sales representatives.
7. Participate in employee performance appraisals and salary reviews and make recommendations as to the promotion, salary adjustments, disciplinary action, and terminations.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Foster a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Demonstrates alignment with H. D. Smith values, mission, and strategy.
Four-year degree preferred or equivalent sales management experience.
Must have a very good understanding of pharmacy operations.
Candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Candidate must have excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows including Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications as well Microsofts Outlook e-mail software.
A valid drivers license and an excellent driving record are required. Candidate must be able to travel on a daily basis throughout the divisions geographic area as well as anticipate overnight travel within this territory.
General Office Equipment
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4-6 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
Position includes regular travel to and from meetings and may include air travel.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to analyze complex information.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written material, and articulate goals and action plans.
Dress code is business casual.
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements.
Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
H. D. Smith - 17 months ago
With a name like Smith you might think it's all about generics, but H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug is more than that. The company...