JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Oversee filling operations and supervise personnel at a production facility
• Resolve routine operational, maintenance and manning problems
1. Schedule and directly supervise filling line operations to ensure quality products and provide guidance, training, feedback and annual performance review for filling department personnel.
2. Ensure physical condition of the filling area is in good working order.
3. Inspect production line operations and finished goods to ensure proper level and appearance of product; proper container, label and/or sticker; correct carton/sticker and stamped batch number; and that line checks are regularly conducted to confirm quality control approval prior to filling of containers.
4. Provide orientation to new employees as to general production operations, line assignments, tank sequence, pump operations, record-keeping procedures, safety rules and regulations, and all applicable policies and procedures.
5. Inform and update Production Superintendent and Plant Manager concerning all production activities and mechanical problems.
6. Ensure proper transactions are executed in SAP systems applicable to Filling department.
7. Ensure compliance with safety, housekeeping, environmental regulations, policies, department, plant and company goals and objectives
8. Investigate and resolve employee complaints and production problems and implement solutions in routine situations.
9. Maintain effective written and verbal communications with the Production Superintendent and Plant Manager on an ongoing basis.
10. Work directly with other departments as necessary including: Scheduling, Distribution and Maintenance.
11. Operate a forklift to demonstrate equipment operation to filling line personnel and to move product and other materials as required.
Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation plus 4 years work experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field
Thorough filling line and production experience including work in a lead or supervisory capacity
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Thorough knowledge of safety procedures as well as applicable OSHA, DOT, and environmental rules and regulations
Knowledge of filling line procedures for all lines at a facility
Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
Ability to operate a forklift
Ability to trouble-shoot routine equipment malfunctions
Ability to inspect and supervise operations of multiple lines before, during and after fills
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and staff
Ability to prepare and analyze production reports
Knowledge of control systems for equipment
Knowledge of SAP Systems and transactions
Knowledge of relationship of department and plant to other functional departments
Behr - 13 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...