PRIMARY PURPOSE :
Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, provide human resources services and support at the food plant for the union workforce. Recommend, develop and implement plant HR Department processes and procedures to ensure the department is running smoothly and efficiently. Interpret the Collective Bargaining Agreement and guide HR staff and management in application and adherence to contract provisions; recruit, hire and onboard new employees; develop compliant job descriptions; maintain HR compliance according to regulatory environment; administer leaves of absence and health and welfare benefits; assist with investigating employee matters and grievances and assist in writing grievance responses.
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or similar and minimum 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role OR equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Experience with Payroll, FMLA/CFRA, PDL, ADA, Disability Leave, Benefits, National Labor Relations Act, Dept. Of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA, HIPAA, DFEH, EEOC.
- Working knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Human Resource experience working in a union environment required.
- Strong English/Spanish written and oral fluency required.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with human resources in fresh foods and/or manufacturing companies preferred.
- Job knowledge at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources management, industrial relations, or related field.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior-level executives to front-line workers.
- Knowledge of effective development procedures for first-level supervisors and higher level managers.
- Knowledge of human resources record-keeping requirements and administration.
- Experience working with individuals across different geographies and cultures, as well as with cross-division efforts in a large company.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
- English/Spanish written and oral fluency required.
- Read and interpret documents such as human resource policies, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, management and other employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY :
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS :
Valid Drivers License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Heavy use of computers, computer screens, phones, faxes, etc. are required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. Also, while performing duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally exposed to cold temperatures and heat when visiting plant (off site) locations. The employee may be visiting plant locations where the use of chemical substances are present and used in the processing plant. Employees work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 16 months ago - save job
organicgirl® is a small group of women and men in California's fertile Salinas Valley who want to offer the best organic produce ever...