Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change everyday. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Located in Denver, CO and reporting to the Director, Employee Relations, the Employee Relations Representative will work at both a strategic and operational level to manage various personnel policies that affect people at work. These issues include working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, maternity/paternity leave, absence management and grievance procedures.
This position will interact and work with groups of Employees, Managers and Directors across a variety of tasks including:
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships between employers and managers
- Acting as a consultant to managers on the implementation of policies
- Assisting in the resolution of specific disciplinary or grievance cases, including acting as an arbiter between the employee and manager
- Carrying out formal consultation procedures on a variety of issues as required by law
- Advising others on the proper procedures for carrying out negotiations and on the special regulations relating to employment and salary agreements
- Providing accurate advice on issues arising from employment contracts
- Ensuring that grievance handling and disciplinary proceedings are carried out in line with company policy
- Two (2) plus years experience with Employee Relations
- SPHR certification a plus
- Must have excellent rapport with all Professional and Executive levels
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Bachelors Degree - Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit at desk location, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (i.e. mouse, keyboard, telephone), frequently talk or hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision of computer monitor.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
For additional information about our organization, please visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...