The Senior Systems Engineer will analyze user needs to determine functional requirements, perform functional allocation to identify application components and their interrelationships, and identify interfaces between components. He or she applies software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and/or acquisition of Network Management applications; ensures that these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures and reference models (as they apply to the implementation and specification of functional applications for NM); and that they meet user requirements.
- Additionally, the Sr. Systems Engineer will recommend commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable NM solutions to meet user requirements, and will perform analysis and validation of reusable software/hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interoperable systems. Additional responsibilities:
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to more junior personnel.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Supports technical lead ership in defining and pursuing network convergence and real-time services-related network management research and development projects of significant complexity, requiring considerable originality and ingenuity.
- Initiates and carries out independent work on specific tasks associated with the implementation of specific aspects of network management projects. Capable of independent original work on specific tasks associated with the knowledge areas identified above.
- Work closely onsite with Prime Contractor and Government client to collect ill-defined requirements on a project that is about to initiate. The output will be a family of documents covering Requirements Design and Integration, and Implementation plans.
- Iterate on the above-defined deliverables with the client and constituents until closure is reached.
- Work with a team of technical experts who will also directly interact with the client.
- Expertise in working with a team of SMEs to design telecommunications operations environments and develop network management requirements
- Degree or equivalent in engineering , mathematics, or other technical field, plus 10 - 16 years of experience in networking and/or the telecommunications industry
- US Citizen – must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel to customer sites, possibly for extended onsite engagements
Equal Employment Opportunity
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with DOD standards
- Familiarity with DODAF is a plus
Applied Communication Sciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected characteristic. Applied Communication Sciences is an E-Verify Employer. EEO/MF/DV/AA.
Applied Communication Sciences - 2 years ago
Applied Communication Sciences has nearly three decades of applying our deep research and development capabilities and broad operations and...