• Five (5) years of experience operating large, heavy equipment
• Knowledge and ability to follow equipment safety policy and procedures
• This position requires a Commercial Driver's License
• HAZMAT endorsement may be required
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator (CDL) to join our outstanding team .
This position is responsible for operating heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials. Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans, and may grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment. This position requires a Commercial Driver's License
Duties include but may not be limited to the following:
• Ability to excavate, load, move gravel, etc. using large tractors, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret grade and slope stakes, plans, etc.
• Maintain streets, storm drains, catch basins, utility pipe lines, etc.
• Perform tasks such as stockpiling sand, gravel, and other materials
• Perform hauling, loading, unloading, etc. as needed
• Maintain records of work performed
• Set up safe working environments including barricades and warning signs
• Offer support and guidance to work crew employees
• Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
The qualified candidate will have good communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work well in a team-oriented working environment and communicate with the facilities staff and management. Previous experience working with people with special needs is a plus.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits and a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply here. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 2 years ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...