This Patient Services Team Lead positions will cover our busy patient service center in Mesa- 6106 E. BROWN RD. SUITE #101
This position is actively responsible for an assigned department, serving as initial resource and communication liaison between immediate staff, other departments and Patient Services management. It assists, resolves, and reports to and under the guidance of the area Supervisor. Performs all technical or administrative work at an advance level of competency and efficiency. Also, actively involved with patient and process quality improvement while remaining compliant with regulatory agencies among other duties.
ONLY APPLICATIONS UPDATED WITHIN THE PAST SIX MONTHS WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CURRENT INFORMATION ON YOUR APPLICATION.
1. Utilizes advanced knowledge and skills in collection and receipt of biological specimens into the department, their proper entry into the company’s computer system, the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing necessary to effectively meet the needs of all age criteria patients. Takes ownership of the department or area and responsible for presentation of area of focus to internal and external customers. Serves as a conduit for process and procedure changes: ensures understanding and adherence to policies/procedures; quantifies and communicates impact. Acts as a resource to employees and peers within the department.
2. Focuses on quality by working closely with Supervisors, Managers and Directors by setting goals for area of focus and communicating updates on performance improvement and challenges related to metrics. Investigates and documents research and findings related to technical or service issues and complaints; communicates root cause. Generates and analyzes reports to identify and correct quality concerns through training opportunities. Identifies area of improvement and escalates those issues to Supervisor as necessary. Holds employees, peers, and self accountable to team charters and goals. Monitors staff performance for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
3. Coaches and mentors phlebotomists and ancillary staff within the department to increase employee engagement, safety, quality, and production. Follows up on training of new hires, assigns resources within the department, documents and records training and provides performance updates. Actively oversees cross training and rotation of tasks to increase skill level of employees. Develops employees to work independently and as leaders within the self-directed teams. Provides input on and participates in employee performance evaluation process. Assists in screening and interviewing, participates in selection of new employees.
4. Responsible for daily operational oversight of the department and basic personnel management. Develops, maintains and manages daily schedules of assigned staff to ensure smooth work flow in the department. Approves, records, and tracks attendance including non-impact - Paid Time Off (PTO) through the company software systems. Ensures record completion in accordance with licensing or governing agencies.
5. Participates in financial monitoring and improvement. Tracks supply usage, establishes par ordering levels, and oversees ordering. Supports waste reduction. Monitors and supports premium labor reduction efforts with minimum necessary overtime and requests for on call employees. Supports efforts to flex staffing levels dependent on workload. Assists management in controlling expenses throughout the year.
6. Communicates professionally and effectively with internal and external customers. Models excellence in customer service. Attends meetings and remains current with internal/external communications, i.e. email, newsletters, etc. Participates or provide input as an active member of a system or department team or committee. Exhibits and promotes behavior consistent with the Mission, Vision, Values and Ethical Behaviors of LSA/SQL and customer focused care always putting the patient first.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of LSA/SQL with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company’s goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below, reporting/removing unsafe equipment and attending safety education sessions.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Education consistent with a high school diploma or equivalent. National phlebotomy certification (or must be obtained within 6 months of placement in position) through an approved certifying body.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the clinical laboratory in the areas of test management/phlebotomy, as normally demonstrated through 3 years of experience within the clinical laboratory in phlebotomy/test management area.
Ability to perform complex problem solving and leadership skills required. Communicates effectively in oral and written formats and delivery of information.
Advanced computer skills.
Excellent Customer Service skills.
Working knowledge of regulatory, accrediting, and compliance requirements. Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Placement in Mobile/Long Term Care department requires ADHS Fingerprinting Certification or the ability to obtain fingerprinting certification. May require a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Previous management experience or participation in management training programs.
Associates degree or equivalent experience.
Banner Health - 19 months ago
Sonora Quest Laboratories is an integrated laboratory system servicing over 7,000 clients throughout Arizona including hospitals,...