Director of Business Development
Reporting to the General Manager of TIME.com, this role will involve working with the GM on the overall business strategy and day-to-day management of TIME’s website and other digital products.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- continuous evaluation of the online news competitive landscape
- helping to set overall site and mobile strategy
- producing internal management presentations as well as any presentations for external use
- increasing non-advertising sources of revenue (i.e., paid content, e-commerce)
- managing existing partnerships
- identifying potential strategic partnership or acquisition candidates
- negotiating new partner or vendor agreements
- keeping up to speed on new and emerging trends in the online space
This position requires an understanding of the short and long-term objectives of the business and advancing those objectives by working with the other functional areas of TIME, including sales, marketing, editorial, audience development, product development as well as senior management of TIME Magazine and Time Inc.
This role requires a proactive self-starter with the ability to juggle a variety of projects and priorities from idea generation to implementation. The ideal candidate will have 5 – 10 years experience in business development, business operations and/or strategic planning in digital media. Requires a strong strategic mindset, negotiating skills, analytical skills, creativity, and solid written and verbal communication skills. MBA and/or law degree a plus.