Do all things technology fire you up? Can you swap a motherboard or hook up a home theater system blindfolded? Does the thought of installing an LCD in an SUV—and getting paid for it—make you salivate?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, congratulations. Your dream career might be waiting for you at Geek Squad.
Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agents work in a fast paced retail environment performing computer-related installations and technical support. Although sales will not be your primary function, let's just face it, when our customers spot a sharp technical mind dressed like an Agent, they can't help but ask a few technology questions. Geek Squad Agents should have the ability to interact with customers while showing respect, courtesy and professionalism.
So if you're techno-exceptional, good with people and great at having fun while doing top-quality work, we invite you to join our illustrious ranks.
- Assist customers with service/repair issues within the Standard Operating Platform (SOP) of the Precinct
- Provides the initial contact with customers, checks in product, and runs basic tests to determine product needs and service solutions.
- Facilitates the complete solution of product sales, upgrades, installations and service in the store.
- Is expected to personify and uphold the Geek Squad service standards.
- Experience with DOS, Windows 9x/ME/2000/XP/Vista or Apple MacOS
- Troubleshooting of Operating Systems and Internet connection issues
- Knowledge of computer hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Software installations and upgrading
- Can install / troubleshoot all computer-related devices (video, sound, modem, printer, scanner, camera, etcetera.)
- Have the ability to research online and work through problems
- At least 16 years of age
- Proof of Apple certifications (current or expired) or laptop repair training are a strong plus.
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve Windows XP/Vista and basic Apple OS X problems is preferred.
- Apple hardware certifications are a strong plus.
- Linux experience is a plus since it is required to perform many Data Rescue services. Lack of Linux and Mac experience will not disqualify candidates, training is provided.
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...