Provides general nursing care to patients in outpatient clinic setting by performing the following duties .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Explain procedures and treatments to patients
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient
- Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment of patients
- Rotate among various clinical services such as lab, nursing and x-ray
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
- Manage difficult and emotional customer situations
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to manager or physician
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.