PNY Technologies, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of computer graphics cards, memory upgrade modules, flash memory and flash peripherals. Its memory products currently account for a majority share of all retail sales in the US. PNY products are available at major retail outlets, mail order outlets, online retailers, value-added resellers and distribution channels throughout the US and Europe. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, PNY maintains operations in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information on PNY, please visit our website at http://www.pny.com/ .
Currently, we have an opening for an IT Intern in our Parsippany, NJ facility. The responsibilities for this position include:
MAIN FUNCTION :
- Supports the IT department by assisting with the day-to-day service requests, application development, and working with members of the department.
- To provide technical support to PNY end-users on hardware and software operations and usage
- To assist with special IT projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working towards Engineering or Programming degree preferred
- Knowledgeable in MS Office
- Knowledgeable in MS Visio or CAD program
- Working knowledge of LAN technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions in a regular office environment.
- Using a computer for extended periods of time
- Actions such as moving PC/printer equipment and general pulling, pushing, grasping, and stooping are frequent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with support of programs/code that will accomplish outlined objects and requirements
- Troubleshoot to determine root cause of issues or problems reported by users or other IT staff
- Install and test client server computer hardware and software
- Maintain existing technical documentation and assists in the creation of new technical documentation as required
- Maintain inventory of all monitors, laptops, servers, and other IT equipment
- Perform other duties and/or projects, as assigned
Monster - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PNY Technologies is hardly puny when it comes to memory. The company makes high-speed flash memory cards, USB flash drives, solid-state...