Title Senior Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (CFT) Job # 13875BR Job Function Technician City Oklahoma City State Oklahoma Country United States FT/PT Part Time Qty 2 Job Description ARINC Technical Services is seeking senior level Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics with their IA certifications to support our role in CONUS performing general airframe, structures and power plant-type maintenance on Boeing E-4, E-6, 737, KC-135, E-3 and KC-10 aircraft. You may also be expected to conduct airworthiness and quality assurance inspections. This is a field team based position where you would be working shorter term government type assignments (up to six months).
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications To be considered for this position you must have eight or more years of aircraft maintenance experience, your FAA Airframe and Powerplant License and be Inspector Authorized (IA). Your experience must be in all aspects of flight line, scheduled, unscheduled and depot level maintenance, modification and repair on military aircraft. This also needs to include corrosion control, structure replacement and repair experience as well as component fabrication. Contract Field Team (CFT) experience is preferred. Two years of your experience must be in government and / or DoD aerospace plans, policies, procedures and processes.
- Perform a full range of aircraft maintenance activities including, but not limited to, disassembly, modification, repair, and reassembly of complex aircraft structural components (e.g., bulkheads, airframes, spars, air scoops, wings, flaps, pylons, sponsors, fuselages, skins, ribs, gussets and fuel tanks).
- Remove and Install hydraulic tubing, pneumatic tubing, actuating cylinders, manifolds and other related systems as required.
- May act as a Team or site Lead, leading technicians of various backgrounds and provide daily status reports to senior program management and division management personnel.
- Conduct aircraft system troubleshooting activities, airworthiness inspections, operational checks and quality assurance checks.
- Able to operate all tools necessary to perform assigned job tasks. Assembly methods shall meet appearance and strength standards, as well as critical tolerances.
- Perform weight and balance IAW required technical manuals and weight and balance charts.
- Present a clean and neat work area to our customers as well as keep proper aircraft maintenance records, forms, and workbooks.
- Acts as an integral member of our aircraft modification and maintenance team assisting mechanics and avionics technicians in other tasks as required.
- Support all company policies and safety programs to include AS9100, ISO 9001, OSHA and EPA guidelines.
- Work with mechanical and structural engineering drawings, blueprints, engineering modification plans, technical orders, military and commercial maintenance manuals, military / FAA regulated specifications.
- Use problem solving skills to determine maintenance techniques, repair procedures, anticipate correct tools, identify replacement parts and setup work areas.
- Travel in OCONUS for up to 6 months at a time.
Other requirements of the positions are:
You must be able to walk, sit, stand, climb, crawl, twist, bend, lie on creepers, gain entry to and work in confined areas, and work from elevated platforms (reached via ladder). You need to be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 50 lb components unassisted, have 20/20 corrected vision, good hearing, and be willing to wear all required safety equipment.
- Able to interpret and comply to: equipment safety regulations, military publications, engineering drawings, blueprints, diagrams, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and modification schematics.
- Experienced in repair of structural material, composite structure to include honey comb panels and fiberglass structures.
- Knowledgeable of: aircraft maintenance supply system and repair processes in foreign countries and military environments.
- Experience in completion of military and/or FAA related maintenance forms, workbooks and service logs.
- Ability to work with others, or independently, under little to no supervision or technical guidance.
- Willing to work long hours in possibly adverse conditions adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance.
- Follow all safety procedures as required. Act as an integral member of our maintenance team and assist other maintenance personnel on tasks as required.
- Comply with the FAA and DoD's anti-drug/alcohol misuse prevention programs, this includes random drug testing.
- Possess, or be able to obtain a US Passport and have the ability to deploy to, and work for periods of no less than six (6) months at a time.
- Competent in business software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information. Amount of Travel Required for Position 75-100