- This is a BW/BI Analyst/Developer position.
- The developer will be responsible for support & maintenance of SAP BI/BW 7.3 and Business Objects 4.0 connected to ECC 6.0 system including the following SAP functional areas: MM, SD, FICO
- The BW/BI developer will be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design, and development of SAP BW backend components and the integration with Business Objects for front end reports and dashboards.
- In addition to the technical responsibilities, this individual will be responsible for working directly with our end user community to provide ongoing support and will work closely with project leaders and the business teams to design, develop, and support SAP BI/BW solutions that meet business requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Execute BW/BI 7.3 Development applying BW best practices and standards
- Analyze and configure BW/BI 7.3 data environment to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions
- Build and enhance BI objects such as InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transfer Rules and Transformations, Update Rules, ODS, Extractors, Infosets, Aggregates, Process Chains, User Exits
- Mentor other Team Members on SAP BI/BW platform.
- Interact with business to gather requirements, prioritize work, develop enhancements to the existing system, coordinate testing, and perform change management/training for BW reporting and applications
- Monitor BI loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues
- Design complex, custom BW solutions or component objects translating complex requirements into an optimal BW design
- Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing
- Support the on boarding and training of BW Power Users. This includes providing technical training of key BW toolsets such as BEx Analyzer, Query Designer, Web App Designer, Web Intelligence, BO Explorer, BO MS Analysis and BO Dashboards.
- Develop BW structures and support for ETL processes for data feeding in / out BW
- Design data structures to optimize data load times and end-user data access response times
- Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issue
- Perform analysis and design; write technical specifications; configuration and programming in the SAP/BI environment, including testing and implementation
- Build Business Objects dashboards and reports using Xcelsius (BO Dashboards), Web Intelligence and MS Analysis
- Prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts) during the different stages of a project
- Experience with Business Objects 4.0 and its integration to SAP BW. Experience designing BW queries and modeling data for Business Objects Reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of Xcelsius (BO Dashboards), Web Intelligence and SQL Queries
- Deep knowledge of configuration of BW data objects including InfoObjects, InfoSources, Transformations, ODS, Cubes, Info Providers, and multi providers
- A proven track record for executing complex BI data warehouse architecture
- Deep knowledge of BI extractors from the ECC system and working knowledge of SAP structures, object dependencies and tables in version ECC 6.0 environment
- Experience with BW/BI Upgrade projects
- Extensive experience in reconciling ECC data with BW data Experience using SAP Data Services ETL tool is a plus
- Extensively worked on extractors for following functional areas: SD, FI/CO, MM
- Knowledge of ABAP and SAP query development a plus
- Experience working with Analysis Authorizations a plus
- Extensive experience working with BOE Data Services Mgmt Console and Central Mgmt Server
- Knowledge of SSRS is a plus.
- BI Portal
- Dashboard development
- Real time data source development
- External data acquisition experience
- Ability to translate technical issues to a business level understanding
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent customer focus abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to interface with all levels of employees, management
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and drive tasks to completion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience with SAP BW/BI 7.0 or higher
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following: 3.X Data Modeling and Business Explorer Suite front end tools,
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus - 17 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...