The Store Demo Team Member introduces products to customers, provides product education, promotes sales and creates theatre in the store. This position also gathers consumer feedback for internal use and to be shared with vendors. The individual must possess a strong knowledge of foods and food sanitation and have excellent guest service skills. The ability to cook products from all categories is essential.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform product demonstrations throughout the store.
- Work to ensure all demos are effectively and efficiently facilitated including set up, clean up and completing paperwork for each demo.
- Sell product via samples, cooking/serving suggestions, and personal experience.
- Creatively merchandise demo product.
- Work with the Store Graphic Artist to create signage for demos and display any provided marketing materials.
- Ensure that the number of samples given out during a demonstration is proportionate to the store?s customer count.
- Work with the in-store Marketing and Team Leaders to create a monthly calendar of demos.
- Provide the Store Team Leader, Store Marketing Specialist and Team Leaders with a monthly demo calendar.
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure ample product for demos is ordered, and that product is reordered after demos.
- Communicate with Regional and Store Leadership regarding in-store product availability or changes in demo schedule.
- Order demo supplies and maintain demo equipment as needed.
- Assist the Store Marketing Specialist and Store Leadership with events as needed.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous experience conducting and/or organization store demos with ability to sell food products.
- Basic to intermediate cooking skills (able to cook with and without a recipe) and strong demonstrated food knowledge.
- Ability to handle, present, and cook items from all departments, including meat and seafood.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to knowledgeably and enthusiastically communicate recipes and product lines to customers. Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet.
- Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM quality goals, and thorough product knowledge.
- Working knowledge and application of all merchandising expectations with a specific focus on attention to detail.
- Proper use of knives, personal protective equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and store.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 11/18/2013
Whole Foods Market - 14 months ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...