Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Server Administrator - Storage Specialist
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other relevant discipline and 8+ years of experience in server administration; OR
• Associate’s degree or technical diploma/degree in Information Technology and 12+ years of experience in Server Administration support; OR
• 16+ years of Enterprise level IT experience in an administration, support and/or oversight capacity.
• Administrative expertise with EMC CLARiiON, CX, VNX, VMAX, Symmetrix and/or Centera storage systems is required.
• Must have a strong understanding of storage implementations (SAN, NAS).
• Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required.
• Must have exceptional attention to detail.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Expertise with EMC Navisphere, Unisphere administration tools.
• Familiarity with EMC VMAX storage arrays, EMC VNX block and file storage arrays (VNX 5100, 5300, 5500).
• Familiarity with EMC SMC & SPA and EMC Networker backup suite.
• Familiarity with HP/Brocade SAN switches.
• Familiarity with SAN, NAS, and IP networking administration.
• Experience with design of datacenter server, network, and storage architectures.
• Understanding of datacenter physical requirements - power, cooling, cabling etc.
• Familiarity with Symatec/Veritas Netbackup storage backup solutions.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows server 2003/2008 environments.
• Familiarity with VMware ESX 4/5 virtual server environments.
• Familiarity with MS SQL, Oracle or other DB admin experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment and to resolve issues.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
URS Corporation is seeking a Server Administrator – Storage Specialist to be based in either our Fort Mill, SC, Boise, ID, Houston, TX or Princeton, NJ locations.
The Server Administrator—Storage Specialist is responsible for implementing and executing storage infrastructure solutions based on an overall technology plan. The Storage Specialist performs the administration and monitoring of the enterprise wide storage environment, so that it meets the business requirements in an efficient and cost effective manner. Responsible will include provisioning, upgrading and patching storage systems, storage related drivers and firmware, troubleshooting performance issues, assisting backup/recovery of storage and automating daily activities around the storage environment. All activities to be performed in accordance with URS EC established procedures and industry best practices. Successful candidates will: Demonstrate a passion for supporting & maintaining mission-critical storage systems and the infrastructure that hosts them; Thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment; Take ownership of issues and resolve them with a sense of urgency; Possess excellent relationship building and communication skills.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 19 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...